Calling all the Super Collaborators!


QUESTION:  How do other counties handle Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) processes? For example, what is your procedure when the Indian Tribe wants to be involved with non-juvenile/family law adoptions and/or if the case gets transferred to the tribes jurisdiction? Any help would be appreciated!

RESPOND TO: or click on the COMMENT button below

Your contribution will be recognized at the next ACT Workshop, thank you!

“Collaboration is MULTIPLICATION.” -John C. Maxwell

One thought on “(REQUEST) Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) Procedures

  1. Hello,

    This is great!! I do not have processes re: accepting a transfer in from Superior Court re: an ICWA child however here is some attached information that might be helpful.

    There is also a wealth of Information on the Indian Child Welfare Association website: http://www.NICWA.ORG

    I am currently in the process of working with other Tribes to see what their process is in receiving ICWA cases.

    Thank you,

    Crystal Porras
    Clerk of the Court
    San Manuel Tribal Court
    3214 Victoria Avenue
    Highland, CA 92346
    Office (909)907-6920


Submit your comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s